Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Give Your Self Efficacy a Boost

Believe in yourself and your ability to change. Changing a habit or behavior can be a difficult task. However, if you choose something small until you succeed it can make the transition easier. For instance, deciding to not eat any sugar after dinner could be easier than eliminating it completely. Once you are successful at your small goal try expanding your target behavior until you reach your final goal.
Reducing sugar, especially mindless eating of cookies, has been the hardest behavior for me to change. To remedy this I have found substitute foods which curb that sugar craving and are healthier choices.  Yogurt mixed with fresh berries is a surprisingly delightful substitute. While watching sugar intake, yogurt still has sugar, but it stops me personally from going countless times to the cookie cupboard and consuming mindless amounts of sugar. Alas, grocery shopping is where it all starts. I could choose to not buy cookies, but for me that is not a possible option quite yet. I am changing my behavior slowly, but every little bit counts!

Visit:  Team Beach Body for additional exercise and nutritional information

No comments:

Post a Comment