Monday, September 12, 2011

Life changing moments

Reflecting on the ten year anniversary of 9/11 yesterday, it made me look at pivotal moments in my life that have caused me to change the course of my life, not because I wanted to, but because I had to. September 11, 2001 was a tragedy that touched the heart of our entire USA and in that tragedy we all pulled together and showed our strength as citizens. It is this natural instinct that we must never loose sight of no matter how tough times get. We could look at what has happened to our economy since 9/11 and feel very sad that this could have been the beginning of an even greater problem that would affect millions of Americans. If we dwell on this it could make us all very bitter. Because I don't follow politics, I am not professing any sort of answer or blame to the problem. However, with every tragedy, whether it be global or personal, at some time we must all find a solution and decide what we can do in our own lives to make a change for the better. We can not change what has happened but we can change how we continue to react. Whether our life changing moments are a loss of a child, divorce, financial hardship (all of which I have experienced) there comes a time when you need to accept the heartache it has caused and moved forward in a positive manner.
What emotional burdens are holding you back? Start a journal, yell at it if you have to, and let go of your anger in that journal. Believe me, it is much better to yell at a piece of paper. You may always carry heartache, but you can choose to make your life better.

Today I felt sluggish when I got up. Never a good way to set your mood for the day. To overcome this I went out for my morning run, and came home feeling great with a smile on my face. Exercise gets those positive endorphins moving in your brain. After my run I made a nutritious smoothie with frozen fruit and lowfat milk. Today is going to be a good day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment