Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why Should I Exercise?

A friend asked me the other day...
Why do I exercise so much? Aren't I afraid I am going to hurt myself?
Actually, I am afraid I will hurt myself if I don't exercise and live an active lifestyle. 

Benefits of Exercise
  •  To have a healthy heart and prevent cardiovascular disease
  • Exercising improves blood lipid levels
  • Lowers blood pressure
  • Vastly reduces your chance of ever getting metabolic syndrome - sometimes known as the "trifecta" in older adults (Type II Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and HTN, high blood pressure)
  • Metabolic rate goes up which means you either get to eat more, or lose weight! 
  • Reduces fat, improves muscle tone
  • Encourages healthy eating habits
  • Exercise causes positive endorphins in your brain which makes you happy and improves self esteem
  • Improves Sleep
  • Gives you more energy
  • Strengthens immune system
  • Reduces the chance of getting Cancer
  • Can help with Diverticulitis
  • Can help with Arthritis
  • Can help reduce the risk of Alzheimer's Disease
  • Improves life expectancy and quality of life




No comments:

Post a Comment