Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Runners Heart is in Their Soul

Today I noticed a social network posting of a fellow running buddies picture. It was of her foot after a hundred mile run. Wow! 100 miles! Can you even imagine? I can't, but this is some of the amazing things that normal every day people do when they put their heart and "soul" (yeah, pun intended!) into something they love. Her foot was dirty and blistered with band aids and really was so unattractive. (No offense Betsy, if you happen to read this because I am really proud of you) My first thought was....our feet really do tell the entire story of our mileage and what we must endure physically and emotionally to get to our goal. This is a true sign of the capabilities of our inner competitive drive, and how our will to carry on no matter how tough the path, is very achievable!
I Am Possible

2 comments:

  1. No offense taken! And believe me -- the other foot (and blister) was even gnarlier :)

    ReplyDelete